While driving one day, and feeling a bit blue, I saw something in the road directly ahead of me that arrested my attention ... pausing at a stop sign enabled me to take a good long look at the little patch of wonder directly before my eyes ... there in the road were six paper-cone cups and the wind was playing with them so that each of the cups were twirling around in their own place amongst each other! Of course I got out of my truck and watched the twirling dance of the cone cups - they made me smile and helped me to remember that sadness is fleeting and that our world is filled with wonders, if only we take the time to watch for them and notice when they're revealed. I wish this photo could capture their wind dance ... yet, I know you can well imagine it.
there are days and days
and nights that belong to them
seamless, like kindred hearts -sjp
10 comments:
Shay, you continue to remind me why I feel so connected to your life. You speak my language better than I do.
Dearling Jeff ~ our connection & kindred language is undeniable. (our birds realize this ~.~) Thank you for your thoughtful praise.
so lovely to experience life through your perceptions and heart
quite powerful to experience that change of focus changes our feelings
thoughts and awareness
wonderful that we have the ability to effect our experiences and feelings
sending you light dear lady~
Tammie ~ you are so kind and so lovely. Thank you!
how magnificently wonderfully full of beauty you are. I miss you deeply Miss S. I rue the day of rural internet grrrrrrrr......
Dearest Melanie ~ your beautiful sentiments fall upon me on exactly the right day ... from my heart, THANK YOU SO ... missing you "deeply" too ... please know I think of you often.
Having just seen you at Mel's place, I checked to see whether you'd posted anything new.
That little poem at the bottom of this post continues to enthral, Shay. It's commited to memory now, and I quoted it to Helen recently.
Ahh, Jeff (dearling) ~ always good to see you ~ I'm touched that my haiku rings true to you, and that you shared it with Helen, too ... very sweet. Thank you for popping over ~!~
Hi Shayna, since it has been awhile since you posted this... I hope you are not feeling so blue now.. the end of summer is coming.. and I always look at a new season with hope and anticipation.. your poem in your previous post is wonderful.
Hi Donna~
You are so considerate, thank you for expressing your kind thoughts - I agree with your observations about new seasons and looking forward ... and yes, those moments of blueness were fleeting ... am so pleased that you enjoyed 'language of the underside' - I can tell that this 'language' is one you speak eloquently as I see it living in your beautiful art.
Post a Comment