Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Paint Chip Flower


There once was a painted red chair
and on it paint started to wear ...

Off into the air
did a small paint-chip fly
and waiting nearby
was a pea sprouting tendril.

Paint chip and tendril had great tangly fun
when together decided that they'd become one!

"What's that strange flower I see?"
 when she looked up at me.
"I'm a pea-tendril paint-chip rare breed!" 
declared she. -sjp

16 comments:

Sandra said...

This delicate flower and its lovely flower made me smile :)

Sandra said...

I meant its lovely story....

Shayna said...

Sandra ~ likely this will be the only 'flower' of its kind that I'll ever chance upon. When I discovered it the other day it was such a thrill. (I like what you said the first time ~!~*)

ArtSparker said...

It does look as if it were caught in midair. a lovely monument of sorts.

JJ said...

The joy of amsll things, random togetherness, and boundless imagination. Nice one, Shayna.

Shayna said...

Susan ~ yes, indeed ... a proud little monument to the rickety chair I can't bear to ditch.

Jeff ~ amsll things are my favourites. inwk*

Tammie Lee said...

looks to me as though the pea found itself a treasure and friend. I enjoyed your lovely poem.

Shayna said...

Tammie ~ so dear what you said about the pea finding a 'treasure and friend'. Glad you liked my silly poem.

***And ... Thank You to All***

layers said...

lovely words to go with the beautiful image-- love the creative metaphor

Laura said...

a lovely poem by a most talented poetess:)

Shayna said...

Donna ~ thank you ever so kindly.

Laura ~ 'poetess' - such a dear word.
Thank you, my friend.

Anthropomorphica said...

Beautiful, I'm giggling away here! What a welcoming flower and a beautiful world you live in ;)

Shayna said...

Melanie !!! hah !!! yes !!! I love that I made you giggle !!! I was exactly tickled like that when I found that paint-chip flower !!! xo !!!

Anonymous said...

amazing photo! shit, shayna!!!!

Shayna said...

Shit, Sharn!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Got it today! Awesome!! I’m gonna send it to a friend actually I don’t really play with spray paint but it’s cool. Cute little can too! Flip Flop Paint