Monday, February 22, 2010

Griffin's Gift









A "gift" from Griffin, my cat - Fortunately I was able to set her free!

10 comments:

ArtSparker said...

What a relief when they can still fly. The other night it was a newt, apparently undamaged, which I released.

Shayna said...

Oh, I so get it! Yes, newts - another favorite gift! GOOD that you released yours - a few weeks ago it was mice- he'd found a nest and it was one wee mouse after another - only one of the three lived - Onward in the freeing of our 'gifts' ~!~ Carpe noctem!

Jasmine said...

We used to keep our cat indoors as we were led to believe she had cat leukaemia (luckily she did not). So she would hunt down socks from the laundry basket and leave them as gifts.

Shayna said...

Jasmine, how very sweet is that! Your mighty sock huntress! Thank you for giving me a morning smile ~!~

Sandra said...

It's a relief when you can save them. Last year a sparrow had got into our wood burner (fortunately it was not burning). I tried to rescue it, but the bird wrestled out of my hand and my cat, a stray, was fast asleep, but woke immediately and caught the bird. I felt so quilty.

Shayna said...

Goodmorning Sandra~ Oh, what an ickky feeling to have saved the sparrow and then ... I know what you mean about that feeling of guilt - years ago there was a mouse in my windowsill - I slowly closed the window to trap the little thing until I could get her out - but she darted under it just as the window closed on her. My heart sunk. I like that you shared your story with me, thank you ~!~

Anonymous said...

How at home that bird looks on your necklace! All this kitty talk reminds me of when I was a teenager, mouse (chased by me, desperate to catch it before the cat), me (chased by kitty), our kitty (chased by mom and sister). What a sight it must have been ;) Little mousie was eventually caught and released, phew!!

Anonymous said...

Shayna and Sandra, just read your comments, I feel for you both, it's a really awful feeling to kill something by accident. Mine was a snail and I burst into tears!

Shayna said...

Oh Melanie! What a beautifully told true-life story! I pictured it perfectly and smiled along the way ~!~ thank you for sharing your sweet thoughts!

Shayna said...

Melanie ~ how dear that you felt for Sandra & me.
I completely understand why it is that you burst into tears over accidently killing the snail! I accidently killed a snail one time and I'll never forget it. It was when I first moved to CA and having snails crawling around was such a foreign delight! One day I stepped on something and I was not sure what, but it looked strangely familiar - slowly it dawned on me that it was a snail - truly I felt ill.
(((Dear tenderhearted you!)))