Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Sound of Rain

The sound of the rain right now reminded me of a favorite memory. When I was growing up my mom's bedroom had a small slanted rooftop outside the window ... she strung a metal trash can lid out the window so that when it rained she could hear the rain's music! 

12 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Ha, that is lovely.

Shayna said...

*wink* (warm thanks)

Anthropomorphica said...

How fantastic,I think I love your mom!!! Is that beautiful space your garden?

Shayna said...

Dear Melanie~I will be sure to tell my mom she has a wonderful new daughter ~!~ (what a sweet thing you said!) And thank you, yes, that is my garden space.

julietk said...

I love to lie awake and listen to the rain hitting the various containers in my garden :-) but hubby just thinks it's annoying.

Shayna said...

julietk~thank you for dropping in and sharing a rain thought ... the sound of the rain hitting your garden containers sounds WONDERFUL!!!

Sandra said...

This is a really lovely memory, one to cherish! I think your mom is very creative.

Shayna said...

Dear Sandra~ thank you so much for sharing your kind thoughts ... I will be sure to pass along the compliment to my mom ~!~*

Carol Anne Strange said...

I love rain's song and can listen to its weeping melody for many an hour. Wonderful! xx

Shayna said...

Carol Anne, it is a delight to have you visit - "weeping melody" indeed! xx

ArtPropelled said...

A beautiful memory. I can almost hear the rain on the trash can lid. Lovely photograph too!

Shayna said...

ArtPropelled ~ lovely thoughts - thank you for them!